Developmental Pediatrician in Tucson, AZ
If your child is dealing with developmental disorders or displaying certain behaviors that have you concerned, the best doctor to turn to is a developmental pediatrician. Our developmental pediatrician, Dr. Joy Peskin, here at Desert Willow Pediatrics specializes in diagnosing, treating, and managing developmental and behavioral conditions in children and teens here in Tucson, AZ.
What Makes Developmental Pediatricians Different?
A development pediatrician undergoes the same schooling and training as a regular pediatrician but receives more specialized and additional training to be able to provide developmental and behavioral treatments to children and teens. Our developmental pediatrician, Dr. Peskin, is the doctor you should turn to if you want to have your child or teen evaluated, counseled, or treated for any developmental or behavioral issues they are dealing with. This includes:
- Learning disorders (e.g. dyslexia)
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Oppositional-defiant behavior
- Conduct problems
- Anxiety disorders
- Tics and Tourette syndrome
- Developmental disabilities such as spina bifida, autism spectrum disorders, and cerebral palsy
- Visual and hearing impairments
- Developmental delays in speech, cognition, or motor skills
We Provide Comprehensive Care
Regardless of the developmental or behavior issues your child or teen is dealing with, our developmental pediatrician Dr. Peskin and her staff will work closely not just with your family and child but also your child’s school to make sure that they are getting the support and special care that they require for success. We can also provide referrals to mental health professionals, additional specialists, and support groups to make sure that you are getting the all-encompassing care you need.
Get the Answers You Need
Our developmental pediatrician knows exactly what to look for when it comes to evaluating and diagnosing developmental and behavioral disorders and problems in children and teens. If you suspect that your child may have ADHD, dyslexia, or another behavioral disorder that’s impacting their schooling, social life, and quality of life, then it’s time to turn to our practice for a comprehensive evaluation. When a child comes in for an evaluation we will,
- Collect detailed information regarding your child’s medical history
- Perform a comprehensive physical exam
- Observe the child and ask them questions
- Talk to their parents and ask them questions about their child’s behaviors, habits, and lifestyle
- Collect observations and comments from teachers about a child’s behavior or issues